Online Directory of Public Insurance Adjusters Helps Consumers to Collect Damages Due to Hurricane Losses

A valuable resource for consumers who have experienced losses due to Hurricane Ida is the online membership directory of the National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters.
This directory, which is available by clicking oFind a Public Adjuster and Other NAPIA Members, can be used by consumers to secure the services of a public adjuster who will help them to recover all that is due under the terms and conditions of their insurance policy.
NAPIA Executive Director David Barrack states that, “Public insurance adjusters are experts on property loss adjustment who are retained by policy holders to assist in preparing, filing and adjusting insurance claims.” He also says that these professionals are employed exclusively by the policyholder, “Not by an insurance company.” It is important to note that policyholders have the right to hire their own adjuster to assist them with the preparation of their claim.
According to association president Anita Taff of Taff Claim Services near Atlanta, GA “If you've sustained significant damage to your home or business, it is critical to choose a qualified public insurance adjuster immediately.  A NAPIA Public Adjuster is experienced evaluating your coverage to extract hidden coverage, will document every aspect of the damage, and equally important, provide professional advice your options to recover as quickly and economically as possible. You will be confronted with a myriad of decisions after a major disaster. Professional advice of a NAPIA Public Adjuster at the onset will save you time, money and frustration.”
Past President Richard Burr of Young Adjustment Company in Blue Bell, PA  states “NAPIA members must, in virtually all jurisdictions, be tested, licensed, bonded, and authorized to practice his/her profession.” Burr notes that, “When consumers deal with a member of NAPIA, they can be confident that their claim is being adjusted by a fully-qualified professional.”
The association advises those suffering losses not to delay in reporting their claims. “Claims should promptly be reported to the company insuring the damaged property,” states Barrack, “and the services of a licensed public insurance adjuster should be retained immediately.”